Our aim is to provide the best service possible, and while we always strive to achieve this, there will be times when the client is unhappy with the service. We aim to handle complaints quickly in an effective, fair and honest way.
The policy aims to ensure that:
- All members of the public know how to feedback to H&Co Hair Salon and the process of making a complaint is simple;
- All staff treat feedback seriously and deal with it promptly, efficiently, courteously and keep the customer informed of the progress;
- Improved customer relations are built by resolving feedback during the initial stages wherever possible.
- All feedback is recorded and monitored so that we learn from feedback and take action to improve services.
The Definition of a Complaint
A complaint is…
“An expression of dissatisfaction regarding H&Co Hair Salon standard of service, action, lack of action or retail products”.
Please note that a complaint is not “An initial request for a service to be delivered or service refunded”.
Who Can Make a Complaint?
Any member of the public or their representatives, staff, businesses, public and voluntary bodies can make a complaint about H&Co Hair Salon.
How a Complaint Can be Made
- Verbally – to the Salon manager
- Email – in the ‘contact us’ area of the site.
- Letter– to the Salon at
Unit 2 Portland Court
The Complaints Process
- All complaints are addressed to the salon manager. A response should be made within 5 working days. This is regardless of how the complaint or expression of dissatisfaction is made.
- If you feel the response to your complaint under stage one is unsatisfactory, the next stage is for the complaint to be referred to the Salon owner who will investigate further and liaise with any additional staff whose information may help resolve the complaint
- You will receive a response within 10 working days. If an interim reply is needed, you will be given a timescale by which a full reply will be received.
- If you feel the response to your complaint is still not satisfactory, you must advise us within one calendar month of the date of the response from Stage 2 otherwise the case will be closed. The owner will then conduct an Internal Review. At this stage, all communication will be with the owner. A full response will normally be received within 15 days.
All complaints are treated with confidentiality in mind. Only the salon manager and owner will be aware that a complaint has been received and is being dealt with. Anonymous requests will be acted upon, however, it is better to provide contact details so that the complainant can be informed of the outcome.
Faulty products will be refunded fully within their warranty period or replaced like for like. H&Co will deal with the manufacturer to pursue a refund for the faulty product.
In the case of services, if your complaint is upheld you will be offered for your service to be reworked free of charge within 10 working days of the date of your complaint provided your complaint has been raised within 5 days of your service. In some cases, you may be provided with a voucher to use on future services at the salon. It is the policy of H&CO Hair Salon that refunds are not provided for any services.
Aggressive or Obsessive Complaints
H&Co Hair Salon wants to deal fairly and honestly with complainants and ensure that other users, clients and staff do not suffer detriment from persons making vexatious complaints.H&Co Hair Salon Salon solicitors will write to vexatious complainants to inform them that their behaviour is considered to be unacceptable.
Complaints about Products and manufacturers
H&Co Hair Salon recognises complaints regarding products and equipment supplied by ourselves, and any organisation contracted to work or supply H&Co Hair Salon and will seek to resolve such complaints. H&Co Hair Salon will forward complaints received in respect of other organisations to the appropriate bodies.
H&Co Hair Salon aims to handle all complaints fairly and honestly regardless of who makes a complaint. H&Co Hair Salon treats all members of the community equitably and will not show bias to any particular individual or group.
Matters that are Outside the Policy
The following matters are not included in this policy: Complaints which are subject to legal proceedings
All complaints are logged and recorded and analysed as part of the customer service satisfaction procedure.
Last Updated: February 13th 2018